Saturday, December 24, 2011

Oops!...I Did It Again

Remember that song from Britney's younger days?

I remember it AND I lived it out this past week. Away with the family in a setting not necessarily conducive to what has become my pattern of normalcy, I dropped the ball and had a big OOPS. In an effort to keep everyone happy, I became so entangled in that pursuit that I completely dismissed my need for daily time alone. Without that time to just sit, pray and listen, I created a space where the enemy could (and did) take residence.

I did it again. When I should have been the most spiritually prepared, I instead chose to rely on my own defense while hoping that everything would just work out somehow. I can't blame my husband for not supporting me, I can't blame my kids for anything, I can only recognize that I controlled my priorities and my priorities were them. Not time with God. Yep. I did it again.

In the past, this setback of my own doing would greatly affect me. Today, however, I'm going to pick myself up, dust the dirt off of my backside, and get moving. I can't keep everyone happy BUT I can position myself to have all that He needs me to have. It's not my job to keep the peace; it's my job to keep my peace.

Have you had an OOPS lately? So what? Get up. Let's try again.

3 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you. Rather than making this season all about Him, it feels like I've been making time for everything BUT Him. Let's make a change! Merry Christmas, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It happens to the best of us....but see your new attitude, see the new perspective you have now...just pick yourself up! That's how awesome our God is..he allows redos!

    Just like the verse from an old Bob Carlisle..."the saints are just the sinners that fall down and then get up!"

    Get getting up girl...I'm right there with you! <3 Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Opps..I posted a comment under my old email so I'm going to repeat myself! LOL!
    It happens to the best of us...that's what is so amazing about our God...he allows REDOS!
    I'm right there with you girl...jump on back in! God is Good!

    ReplyDelete