Monday, March 5, 2012

Let No One Steal Your Joy

My girls are so busy! No, I don't have a house full of daughters (mercifully, I have ONE and though she is a blessing like no other, God knew that I didn't have the energy for another so he gave me a boy 3 years later). The girls I'm referring to are my girlfriends who contribute to this blog.

So, bear with me, as I take the reigns for a few days while they recuperate, relax, re-energize and reorganize   :-)

Does your life right now resemble their scenario? "If it's not one thing, it's another", "Murphy's Law", "I believe God doesn't give us more than we can handle, but really??"   I know, friends. Times are crazy and most of us are stressed about something right now. Whether it's school, health, kids, our extended families, finances, job security, car troubles or our pets, there are probably one or more of these that want to steal our peace and joy.    

Well, guess what? We are not going to allow it! Armed with the Word of God, our joy will come from Christ today and every day. Troubles will come but we are going to give those troubles to God and take rest. Easier said than done? Yes....and no.

If you're feeling particularly burdened today with something (anything!), might I suggest just a few passages to read and pray upon? These are well worn pages in most bibles and though you may not have your health issues disappear or your finances immediately taken care of, you will find peace if you release your fears and take back your joy. These are all from The Message (MSG) bible translation today~ read here or read in your own bible but go to Him. I'm praying for you!


1 Corinthians 10:13

No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; he'll always be there to help you come through it.

Ephesians 1:13-14

It's in Christ that you, once you heard the truth and believed it (this Message of your salvation), found yourselves home free—signed, sealed, and delivered by the Holy Spirit. This signet from God is the first installment on what's coming, a reminder that we'll get everything God has planned for us, a praising and glorious life.

James 1:12

Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life.

Psalm 55:22

Pile your troubles on God's shoulders— he'll carry your load, he'll help you out. He'll never let good people topple into ruin.

Matthew 7:11

"Don't bargain with God. Be direct. Ask for what you need. This isn't a cat-and-mouse, hide-and-seek game we're in. If your child asks for bread, do you trick him with sawdust? If he asks for fish, do you scare him with a live snake on his plate? As bad as you are, you wouldn't think of such a thing. You're at least decent to your own children. So don't you think the God who conceived you in love will be even better?

John 16:33

Jesus answered them, "Do you finally believe? In fact, you're about to make a run for it—saving your own skins and abandoning me. But I'm not abandoned. The Father is with me. I've told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I've conquered the world."

1 comment:

  1. Amen sister! Thanks so much for the reminder! This something I am struggling with, trying to keep focused on the Lord as the world's busyness pulls at me. My JOY is in the LORD!

    ReplyDelete