Monday, March 5, 2012

So it seems...


For I am very near to falling, and my grief is with me always. Indeed, I acknowledge my guilt; I grieve over my sin. But my undeserved enemies are strong; many are foes without a cause. Those who repay evil for good harass me for pursuing good. Forsake me not, O Lord; my God, be not far from me! Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation! Psalm 38:18-23

So it seems...
the closer I get to you Lord, the more the enemy pulls at me;
the more I understand you Lord, the more people come into my life that tempt me.

How easy I feel that I can fall from your Grace when pulled by the stresses of this world. Keep me strong, be with me in every moment of every day. I know it's not you that moves away but rather me. Give me hope in the difficult moments of my days. Give me peace of mind that all will work according to your will.

Is my human weakness worthy of such blessings? For your word tells me it is so. I love you Lord, you are my salvation, my only hope, my joy is in you and no one else. I will not let the trappings of this world steal it from me and burden my family with it's lies.

Thank you Lord, for loving me, for forgiving me, for encouraging me, for blessing me with my family and my dear sweet friends in Christ.

Let the world know that I am a Christian by my love!
<3 Deb


2 comments:

  1. Oh Deb... How many break downs have I had in the past two weeks? Feeling so overwhelmed and spiritually frustrated as the attacks hammer me over and over and over. Your post is a "ditto" for me. I do find the smallest bit of encouragement in seeing it is not just me who can get to this place. I just said today that I sometimes feel it is harder REALLY knowing God than it is to be a "sideline" Christian because the expectations, disappointments, and attacks seem all the more personal. My mom spoke clearly to me today and said to stop and rest. Stop for a month and rest and abide. I can hardly get through the lists of the day much less have quiet time with the very One who can and wants to sustain me. And the enemy pulls me further and further away... into doing good things for everyone else. "Good" can and is bad if it pulls you away from HIM. So that is what I am going to try and do.... stop, rest, abide, and regroup. I hope you, too, find the face of the One looking for you right now. Hugs sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn~how amazing we are at the same place and yes it does give comfort to know that we are not the only ones! Your mom's advice, sounds like something my mom would of said. I miss her presence in my daily life so much. One of the last moments I had with her of her staying out at the beach with us at a condo and me looking done the hall and seeing her sitting quietly on her bed with her bible in prayer. At that moment, I took it in, knowing that was how she was dealing with caring for my dad. I had no idea at the time she would be the first to go to home to the Lord 3 weeks later. So yes! We must slow down, regroup, be still with God. Our lives are such precious gifts...we must take care of ourselves in all ways, number 1 being spiritually and the rest will follow! <3 u all!

    ReplyDelete